You can pick up your printed premium book in each town in Renville County.
Premium Checks are to be picked up in the Secretary’s Office on the last day of the Fair. They will not be mailed out.
JUST RELEASED – 2023 PREMIUM BOOK
Open Class Entry Days
Monday August 7th 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Tuesday August 8th 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
BAKE IT WITH SUGAR – sponsored by Southern MN Beet Sugar Cooperative
Kids – Muffins
Adults – Coffee Crumble Cake
Entries due by 4 pm Tuesday August 8th
- Contest open to any Minnesota resident. (Adults – 18 & older; Kids – 8-17)
- Entry must be Muffins and/or Crumble Coffee Cake made from “Scratch.”
- A minimum of 1/4 cup sugar must be used in the recipe.
- Entry must be submitted as a plate of (2) on a disposable plate.
- Recipes listing the ingredients, preparation instructions, and recipe author must be submitted with the entry, printed on one side of the page.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Flavor – 30 points
- Overall Appearance – 25 points
- Moistness & Crumb/Texture – 15 points
- Consistency (size & shape) – 15 points
- Creativity – 15 point
(Appearance, ingredients, etc.)
Total: 100 POINTS
Vary on the year depending upon availability with Southern MN Sugar Beet Cooperative.
2022 Bake It With Sugar Contest Winners:
1st Place – Sherry Melberg
2nd Place – Theresa Dovenmuehle
3rd Place – Donna Dovenmuehle
1st Place – Beth Johnson
2nd Place – Kenady Eiler
3rd Place – Aiden Neere